General Registration Information
GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
1. WEEKLY TRAINING LOCATIONS & TIME: (unless otherwise noted).
WEEKENDS: CERTIFIED STREET SELF-DEFENSE & TAEKWONDO
R2M STEGER DOJANG: 3725 Chicago Road, Steger, IL 60475
Every Sat (4:30 - 5:00pm) & Sun (4:30pm - 5:30pm): STREET SELF-DEFENSE (13yrs+)
Every Sat (5:00 - 6:00pm) & Sun (5:30pm - 7:00pm): TAEKWONDO (4yrs+)
Extended Olympic-Style Sparring training! Full belt-rank promotions & tournaments!
Special family discounts! Street Self-Defense discounts with TKD registrations!
(Website: ROOM TO MOVE STUDIO)
WEEKDAY: TAEKWONDO TUESDAY BASICS
CHICAGO HEIGHTS PARK DISTRICT: 1400 Chicago Road, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Every Tuesday, 5:00pm - 6:00pm (4 yrs - adults)
Special discounted rates! Belt-rank promotion & tournament participation opportunities @ Steger location!
(Flyer: CHICAGO HEIGHTS PARK DISTRICT)
2. REGISTRATION: One-time registration fee. Includes a SMA T-Shirt & SMA Study Guide.
3. TUITION: Monthly tuition is due at the beginning of each month, regardless of the student's attendance. Tuition is based on the availability of instructional sessions, and not the attendance of the student. Auto-debit is required for Steger dojang. Discounts are available for families with multiple registrations at Steger dojang.
4. UNIFORMS: A Taekwondo uniform (Dobuk) can be ordered upon request and consists of 1 top, 1 pair of pants, and 1 white belt. Shoes are optional and may be ordered separately. Please note that the proper uniform is needed for promotions, competitions, and demos.
5. RANK PROMOTIONS & BELT CEREMONIES: Testing usually occurs quarterly with a minimum attendance requirement for students. A separate testing fee applies.
6. OLYMPIC-STYLE SPARRING COMPETITIONS: SMA competes in various martial arts events (Sparring -Traditional & Daedo; Poomsae; Board Breaking), which gives students the opportunity to apply class skills to relevant competitions and to win trophies and medals! Sparring Gear is mandatory for sparring competitions and may be ordered upon request. Separate tournament fees apply.
7. SUPREME DEMO TEAM: In addition to promotions, students will learn kicks, strikes and block sequences for the annual Time To Groove Spring Showcase. Again, the proper uniform is required to perform the demonstrations and a stage audition applies.